Breakfast is tough. Real tough. Especially for a guy who doesn’t eat cereal and who can’t do milk either. (I know, sucks to suck huh?!) While I’d love bacon and eggs every morning, the truth is, I love to sleep up until the last minute possible.
I decided to give my breakfast a makeover and test out Caveman Crunch, a cereal of sorts, minus the grains and gluten. I made a double batch Sunday night and have enjoyed it with ice cold almond milk this week. Talk about yummy!
- 1/2 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 Cups Almonds chopped or slivered
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 Cup 100% Raw Organic Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- Cinnamon to taste, the more the stronger the taste will be
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of your wet ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds to help it mix better.
- Once warm, pour your wet ingredients over your dry seed and nut mixture and mix well with a fork to ensure you coat everything.
- Place your mixture on a foil lined baking sheet and spread thin and evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minute.
- Remove from the oven and stir around to ensure nothing burns then respread it on the baking sheet.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. It tastes better cold and also develops its crunchiness as it cools.
- Serve in a bowl with some almond milk or coconut milk.